Legal Advice in Spain
If you are looking for legal advice about buying, renting or constructing a property in Spain or about setting up a company or a branch - Accom Consulting will be happy to help you.
We do a great effort to make sure that all important legal matters are explained to our clients in an easy understandable way and as early in the process as possible so nothing comes as a big surprise. All our lawyers speaks Spanish and English, have a law degree from a recognised Spanish University and are members of a recognised 'Legal Bar Association' giving them the right to practice and acting as lawyers throughout Spain.
|Are you looking for Legal Advice in Spain?
CLICK HERE To try our classified ads where you can post a request for legal support.
We can also recommend our New Forum where you can post questions and share your experience with other users.
Below you can find a short introduction to the service provided by Accom. For further information please use the links below;
Set Up a Business in Spain
In Accom we can help you with all the elements of setting up a new business or branch including:
- Set up a Spanish company (S.L. or S.A),
- Set up a Branch in Spain of a foreign company,
- Help finding an office wherefrom you can operate your business,
- Apply for work and residence permits for foreign workers,
- Arrange the obligatory social security for both the company and the employees,
- Draw up employee contracts and present these to the Spanish authorities.
Buy Existing Business in Spain
If you are looking to buy an existing business Accom can offer you:
- Help finding a suited business for sale,
- Advice about Freehold Vs. Leasing a business,
- Secure that the business is free of any charges and that there are no debts or other liabilities against the business,
- Go through all the papers of the business (licenses, employee contracts etc.) to see if they are in order and up to date,
- Review or draw up the private purchase contract as well as negotiate with the seller or his solicitor about payments, supplies, handover etc.,
- Assist you at the Notary for signing the title deed or we can sign on your behalf with a power of attorney,
- File in all the paper work including registering the business at the business registry (registro mercantil), arranging payments and declaration of the property transfer tax, stamp duty, inform Bank of Spain on your inversion (if necessary).
Buy a Property in Spain
oppSpain offers a complete legal service for both resale and new properties which includes:
- Help you get a fiscal number (NIE), which is needed to pay different property taxes and upon registering your new property.
- Check that the house is free of any charges and that there are no debts or other liabilities against the property as well as making sure the owner has the right to sell the property.
- Make sure the developer (when buying off-plan) has all papers in order as well as go through the solvency and reputation of the constructer.
- Assure you understand all rules of the community and the legal influence they have on you and your property.
- We will check the town-plan at the local town hall to make sure that the local government doesn't have any plans about the area.
- Review or draw up the private purchase contract as well as negotiate with the seller or his solicitor about payments, supplies, handover of keys etc.
- Assist you at the Notary for signing the title deed or we can sign on your behalf with a power of attorney.
- Fill in all the paper work including registering the property at the property registry, arranging payments and declaration of the property transfer tax, stamp duty, inform Bank of Spain on your inversion (if necessary).
- Practical help applying or changing receipts for water, gas, telephone etc.